Online Degrees, Credentials & Courses
Fresno Pacific University offers the following degrees, credentials and continuing education courses fully online.
- *Students enrolling in online courses are responsible to meet system requirements.
- The Center for Professional Development offers a variety of independent study courses to help meet the ever-increasing demand for professional growth for K-12 educators.
- Clear Credential
- This two year program is for candidates who have completed their preliminary multiple or single subject credential and need to fulfill the requirement for their professional clear credential. If the district in which the candidate is hired has an approved induction program, they must clear their credential through their district. If the district in which the candidate works cannot service them, or if they are hired by a private school, charter school, home school consortium or the prison system, they are eligible to clear their credential with the clear credential program offered at Fresno Pacific University.
- Teacher Librarian Services Credential
- This credential is designed to expose students to a rich set of experiences that will prepare them for service in school libraries. It is specifically intended to prepare them to work collaboratively with classroom teachers to develop and implement programs related to curriculum, as well as to select, organize, manage and guide the use of learning resources in all formats. It has been approved by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing and is known for educational quality throughout the state and nation.
- Education (MA) - Curriculum & Teaching Emphasis
- This is an accelerated program with a focus on leadership and is designed for those who are at a distance and/or enjoy interactive online learning. Students are given a strong foundation in curriculum through engaging and challenging content in a cohort model approach. There are two online programs to fit your needs:
- Fully online: Designed for candidates who live a significant distance from Fresno Pacific University.
- Online blended: Designed for candidates who live within a few hours drive of the university.
- Education (MA) - School Library & Media Technology Emphasis
- Known for it's educational quality throughout the state and nation, this master's degree is now fully online. Designed for those who are at a distance and/or enjoy interactive online learning, it provides a theoretical and practical foundation in school librarianship by developing specialized teaching skills as well as administrative and library science and information technology skills.
- Educational Technology (MA)
- This master’s degree leads to an understanding and skill in using technology to enhance teaching and learning experiences. Candidates develop expertise in a wide array of educational technology tools and teaching strategies.
- Kinesiology (MA) - Athletic Training Emphasis
- This 14-month program is designed for students who are National Athletic Trainers' Association Board of Certification, Inc. (NATABOC) certified athletic trainers with good standing or are eligible to take the NATABOC examination. This program provides for intensive study in athletic training pedagogical studies, administration and organizational issues in athletic training, and advanced therapeutic exercise and rehabilitation.
- Kinesiology (MA) - Physical Education Emphasis
- This 14-month program is designed for students who wish to enhance competencies in teaching, coaching, consulting or program administration and prepare for a variety of physical or sport-related careers.
- Kinesiology (MA) - Sport Administration Emphasis
- This 14-month program is designed for students with a background in sport administration and/or who are currently employed as sport administrators. The program provides advanced studies in sport leadership and administration, sport marketing, and sport sales and sponsorship.