Ordering Policies & Procedures
The following is information regarding ordering of monographs and audiovisual materials for the Hiebert Library collections. Please note that this is not for ordering serials. To order serials, contact Chris Brown. If you have questions about any of the following policies and procedures, contact Hope Nisly via email or at 559-453-2223.
General Ordering Policies
- IMPORTANT: The library does not order between April 1 and August 15. If you need something for the fall semester, be sure to place the order prior to March 31.
- Between August 15 and March 31, orders are placed approximately every two months (Aug. 31, Oct. 31, Dec. 15, Jan. 31, Mar. 31). You may send requests at anytime, and they will be entered and placed with the next outgoing order.
- Rush orders will be done on occasion, but cannot be done frequently. The library reserves the right to refuse any rush order.
- It is library policy not to order textbooks.
- When the items arrive, you will be notified via email. When monographs arrive, the library places them on the New Book Shelf (inside the front entrance) for a few weeks before shelving them in the main stacks.
- When you send an order, please provide as much information as possible including: title, author, publisher, date, ISBN. If there are numerous editions (particularly for literary works), please state the edition needed and whether paperback or hardback is preferred. A specific ISBN is the most useful for ordering purposes, so that I am sure to get the version you require.
- You may send catalogs with titles marked. Please put your full (and legible) name on each catalog that you send.
- If you need an item by a specific date/semester (other than “rush”), please make a note of the date on which it is needed.
- You may order online, via the library catalog. To do so, go to the catalog. Click on "Patron Functions." Enter your patron barcode and your alternative ID. Click on "ILL/Purch. Request." Click on "Monograph form." Check the dot before "purchase request" and fill out the form as completely as possible. Click "Submit Request." Note that the last two lines are for inter-library loan only.
For monograph and video ordering, contact Hope Nisly in any of the following ways: email , campus mail (Box 2300), phone (559-453-2223), or drop them by the library.