Master of Arts Curriculum and Teaching - Online Strand
This is an accelerated program with a focus on leadership and is designed for those who are at a distance and/or enjoy interactive online learning. Students are given a strong foundation in curriculum and technology through engaging and challenging content in a cohort model approach.
Students enrolling in online courses are responsible to meet system requirements.
- New cohorts start every spring (January) and summer (June).
- The fully online cohort (FONX) is for those living a far distance from Fresno as there is no face-to-face interaction.
- Each cohort is designed for a maximum of 15 to 20 students.
- 32 units total, taking 1 calendar year + 1 semester to complete.
- The submission of your project/thesis is approximately 7 months after the start of CRI 799. Graduation occurs approximately 2 months after the project/thesis submission.
|Curriculum & Teaching MA: Fully Online - FONX4 & Online/Blended - ONX6|
Summer (June) start
|Summer 2011 - ONX6 has orientation June 4th|
|June 13 - 25||CRI 710||Successful Online Learning Orientation||1 unit|
|June 27 - Aug. 6||CRI 704||Conflict Resolution in Schools||3 unit|
|Aug. 8 - Oct. 1 w/break Aug. 8 - 20||CRI 707||Historical Foundations of Curriculum||3 units|
|Oct. 3 - Nov. 12||CRI 708||Curriculum Design: Theory & Practice||3 units|
|Nov. 14 - Dec. 17 w/break Nov. 20 - 26||CRI 709||Using Technology in Differentiating Curriculum||2 units|
|Jan. 2 - 28||CRI 725||Essentials of Qualitative Assessment||2 units|
|Jan. 30 - Feb. 25||CRI 726||Curriculum Mapping||2 units|
|Feb. 27 - Apr. 14 w/break Apr. 1 - 7||CRI 727||Leadership: A Personal Perspective||3 units|
|Apr. 16 - May 26||CRI 728A||Curricular Leadership||3 units|
|May 28 - June 9||CRI 728B||Leadership in Practicum||1 unit|
|June 25 - Aug. 4||CRI 779||Values in School & Society||3 units|
|Aug. 20 - Sept. 29||CRI 771||Methods in Educational Research||3 units|
|Meets Aug. 27, Oct. 22, Jan. 21||CRI 799||Project/Thesis*||3 units|
*Project/thesis submitted in March 2013 with graduation in May 2013.
Master of Arts Thesis/Project Handbook
For additional information regarding course dates, contact Amanda Krum Stovall at 559-453-2282 or email@example.com.