Multiple & Single Subject
This two year program is for candidates who have completed their preliminary multiple or single subject credential and need to fulfill the requirement for their professional clear credential. If the district in which the candidate is hired has an approved induction program, they must clear their credential through their district. If the district in which the candidate works cannot service them, or if they are hired by a private school, charter school, home school consortium or the prison system, they are eligible to clear their credential with the clear credential program offered at Fresno Pacific University.
- Fully online
- 11 units of study
- One of the few induction programs in the Central Valley
- Coursework aligned with the advanced standards of "No Child Left Behind" with strong application to the classroom
- Gives new teachers a direction and purpose for future professional development
- Units can be used towards a master's degree
What can I do with this credential?
- Preliminary credentials are issued for non-renewable five-year terms. The professional clear credential allows for continued employment in the pre-school, elementary or secondary classroom.
What are the admission requirements?
- Application form and $90 fee
- Orientation interview ($45 application fee waiver with interview)
- Statement of intent (1-2 pages explaining your goals)
- Official transcript of BA/BS degree
- Letter of explanation if your GPA is under 2.75
- Copy of preliminary credential
- Induction program unavailability form
- (Download required forms)
Are there any additional requirements?
- A CPR certificate (infant, child and adult) is required in order to receive your credential. The certificate must be valid at the time the student is finished with the clear credential coursework.
What courses will I be taking?
- View a list of curriculum and teaching courses and descriptions.
When can I start?
- Courses are in semester format, with a fall start (August) required.
How much does it cost?
- Tuition is competitively priced, and financial aid is available. View details on tuition and fees.
How do I apply?
- The application process is straightforward and the Graduate Admissions Office is available to answer any questions.
How do I receive my clear credential after I complete the coursework?
- The credential analyst in the School of Education will recommend you for the credential. All you need to do is complete a simple application and submit your valid CPR certificate if you haven’t already.
For additional program information, contact Jennifer Morgan via email or phone at 559-453-5553.