Fresno Pacific University welcomes all international students who meet academic and financial requirements for admission.
What majors and programs are offered?
- With over 40 majors in a wide range of disciplines, Fresno Pacific University has much to offer. View a full list of academic programs.
- Application (print out form, fill out and fax to 559-453-7147 or mail it to us) or apply on-line
- $40 application fee (methods of payment)
- Official high school transcripts (secondary courses with marks/grades and proof of graduation including exit exams in English and native language)
- Official transcripts from post-secondary schools (college, university, etc.) in English (some transfer credit may be available)*
- One letter of recommendation from someone who knows you well
- A bank statement (proof of income that shows how much money is available to you to pay for your studies)
- Letter of Sponsorship (if the person paying for your education is from your country or if it is yourself)
- Affidavit of Support (if the person paying for your education is from the United States)
- Official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score report
- *We often recommend students use American Education Research Corporation (AERC) for transcript evaluations. More details on the costs of their services may be found at www.aerc-eval.com.
What are the TOEFL requirements?
- Students whose native language is not English are required to submit a TOEFL score. In order to enroll in undergraduate courses, a student must have the following Internet-based TOEFL score or its equivalent:
- Total score: 61
- Reading: 15
- Listening: 15
- Writing: 13
- For more information, see our TOEFL page.
NOTE: IF YOU WISH TO APPLY FOR INTENSIVE ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROGRAM FOR NON-CREDIT, PLEASE FOLLOW THE LANGUAGE AND CULTURE STUDIES REQUIREMENTS
When do classes start?
- Spring 2011 semester classes begin January 10, 2011, and end May 6, 2011.
- Fall 2011 semester classes begin August 29, 2011, and end December 16, 2011.
- Spring 2012 semester classes begin January 9, 2012, and end May 4, 2012.
- Fall 2012 semester classes begin August 27, 2012, and end December 14, 2012.
When are the application deadlines?
- The application deadline for the fall semester is mid-July.
- The application deadline for the spring semester is mid-November.
- International students are encouraged to submit all application materials, transcripts and recommendation letters as early as possible. Only after all necessary application forms and records have been received by the International Programs and Services Office (IPSO) will acceptance be determined. The sooner you apply, the sooner you will be considered for acceptance.
- Once you have been admitted, we will send you an acceptance letter, an I-20 and other pre-arrival information.
- Please be aware that unless you have made prior arrangements with us, you will need to pay a $200 SEVIS fee to the US government before you are able to schedule an interview for your visa at the US consulate.
Keep in mind that obtaining a visa may take as long as two months depending on your home country, so please allow enough time for it!
How much does it cost?
- Tuition is competitively priced and some financial aid may be available. View details on tuition, fees and expenses.