The International Club of Fresno Pacific is a student lead club funded by the Student Body of Fresno Pacific and student fundraising. The club is open to all students who are interested in learning about different cultures, religions and languages by getting to know students from different countries.
The club is also designed to allow international students the opportunity to experience American culture through travel, events and activities.
Students' favorite events include:
- International Student Retreat
- Fresno Pacific University owns a three-story cabin near Shaver Lake, just one hour east of Fresno. During the mid-term break each October, the International Club spends the weekend at this cabin. Students enjoy nature, mountain fresh air, campfire and the company of friends.
- Parade of Nations
- To celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday, the university invites international students to carry their country's flag during our annual all-school Thanksgiving lunch. View slideshow.
- International Food Festival
- Each year during "Culture of Peace" week, the international students are invited to cook and share traditional foods from their country.
- Discussion Nights
- Twice each semester, the International Club gets together to simply discuss/share/debate about a contraversial topic.
- Spring Break Trip
- Each year during spring break (early March), the International Club spends three days, two nights in a city of interest. Destinations have included Las Vegas, San Diego, San Francisco and the California Gold Country.
- Local Activities
- Three or four times a semester, the International Club will sponsor a local activity. This includes bowling, mini-golfing, going out for coffee, seeing a movie together or a casual game night.