Language and Culture Studies (LCS) Program
Students who only want to develop English language proficiency and learn about the American culture and who have completed high school may enroll in language and culture studies in the Intensive English Language Program (IELP).
- 20-23 hours per week
- Develop listening, speaking, reading and writing proficiency
- Learn about the American culture
- Three levels of instruction
- 8 or 16 week course options
- Optional TOEFL preparation course
- *This program is also available for credit. Please see the link at the bottom of the page.
What are the admission requirements?
- Application - please fill out and submit the application to us online
- $40 application fee (methods of payment)
- One letter of recommendation from someone who knows you well
- A bank statement (proof of income that shows how much money is available to you to pay for your studies)
- Letter of Sponsorship (if the person paying your education is from your country or if it is yourself)
- Affidavit of Support (If the person paying for your education is from the United States)
When will I know if I have been admitted and are there additional requirements?
- Once you have been admitted, we will send you an acceptance letter, an I-20 and other pre-arrival information.
- Please be aware that unless you have made prior arrangements with us, you will need to pay a $200 SEVIS fee to the US government before you are able to schedule an interview for your visa at the US consulate. All of this will take time so please allow enough time for it!
How long will it take and when do classes start?
- The IELP offers three levels of English language instruction. Students can move up levels depending on their language proficiency and the overall enrollment in the program. How long it takes to learn English depends on the student. Many improve their English language proficiency quickly.
- Students may enroll for a 16-week semester course or an 8-week course. See the calendar for specific dates.
How much does it cost?
- Tuition is competitively priced. View details on tuition, fees and expenses.
NOTE: IF YOU WISH TO APPLY FOR INTENSIVE ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROGRAM FOR CREDIT, PLEASE FOLLOW THE UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS.