Intensive English Language Program
The Intensive English Language Program (IELP) at Fresno Pacific University (FPU) is designed for international students and recent immigrants seeking to improve their English abilities. Many of our students are preparing for college level coursework while others are studying for personal or professional advancement. The IELP is part of the Humanities Division in the School of Humanities, Religion and Social Sciences at FPU.
- 23 hours of instruction each week
- Beginning to advanced levels of instruction
- Up-to-date teaching methods
- Trained and experienced teachers with master's degrees in TESOL/linguistics
- Intense academic preparation in academic reading, writing, listening and speaking
|Students who prefer to study English for personal or professional reasons may enroll in English language courses for no credit, without being admitted to the undergraduate program at FPU.||Students who are academically qualified as undergraduates at FPU, except for English language proficiency, may be admitted to the undergraduate program and take English language courses in the IELP for credit.|