How is this program different than an MBA?
- Our leadership studies program is value-centered and people-driven. The program includes business related courses with the emphasis on the human component. We teach leadership approaches that empower leaders to become positive catalysts for change in their work and community settings. We prepare today's leaders for tomorrow's workplaces.
- Many of our local community and organizational leaders have completed this master's program. Our diverse students serve in a variety of roles such as: executive directors, educators, health care leaders, ministry leaders and more. This program changes lives and transforms organizations; as a result, the graduate transforms and takes the leadership role to lead change in their organizations and in our communities.
How long will the program take?
- The program can be completed in less than two years.
When do classes begin and where are classes held?
- Students attend class one night per week which will stay the same throughout the program. This program is blended where some courses are taught online.
- Currently, classes meet at the North Fresno Center on Monday nights, and cohorts begin in the fall semester. For the Visalia area, classes meet at the Visalia Center on Tuesday nights and cohorts start in the spring semester.
Can I enroll in this master of arts program even though my bachelor's degree is not in business?
- Yes, in fact we believe those with differing educational and work backgrounds only add to the diversity of the classroom. Students tell us that one reason they have enjoyed our program relates to our commitment to a collaborative learning environment; this setting encourages students to bring a vast array of perspectives into the learning environment. The cohort experience offers students a dynamic environment for learning where students represent many different backgrounds and opinions. During their time together throughout the program, students learn to work better together and adapt to differences within their team.
More questions? If you're in the Fresno area, please contact Lauren Nikkel. Those in the Visalia area, please contact Jillian Coppler.