Leading the Way to Success
The master of arts in leadership studies is an action-oriented program created for individuals passionate about the connection between the individual and the collective in organizations and communities. The focus is on innovative ways for leaders to change the way they see the world and to therefore transform the lives of individuals and the work of organizations and communities.
The unique combination of academic subjects and practical applications addresses challenges for leaders who want to make a difference. The integration of ethical leadership and creative approaches to leading change adds value for organizations and communities.
This blended program can be completed in a minimum of five semesters with classes meeting weekly in class and online. All required courses in the leadership studies program must be taken at FPU in a cohort model. This is a well-established, accredited program through Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
- Finish in less than two years
- Classes offered one evening per week
- Collaborative learning model
- Master's research thesis supervised in class with faculty
- Dedicated faculty with advanced degrees and extensive experience
What can I do with this degree?
- This degree prepares professionals for positions in senior management, nonprofit administration, business planning and a wide array of leadership roles, such as memberships on boards of directors and positions in community leadership. Not only beneficial to graduates; organizations, too, benefit from this degree as graduates integrate and implement ethical leadership practices and an objective approach to managing change.
What are the admission requirements?
- Application form and fee
- Statement of intent
- Three professional references (the FPU graduate reference form is required)
- Official transcript of BA/BS degree
- GRE or GMAT test results are required if undergraduate GPA is below 3.0
- (Download required forms)
What courses will I be taking?
- View the list of courses and descriptions.
How much does it cost?
- Tuition is competitively priced and financial aid is available. View details on tuition and fees.
How do I apply?
- The application process is straightforward. View details on how to apply.