CLASS - College Language and Academic Success Strategies
CLASS is designed for students who understand how important and sometimes difficult it is to make the transition to college.
CLASS gives students an honest look at what college is really like. Students who struggled in high school and students who never had to work for good grades will both benefit from learning sound academic strategies that will help them not only survive college, but also become lifelong learners.
Students in CLASS learn:
- How to understand unfamiliar academic language used by professors and textbooks
- How to read and study a textbook
- How to take notes in class that will actually help you learn
- How to study for a test without depriving yourself of sleep
- How to take a test—and how not to freak out while doing it
- How to manage your study time to get good grades and still have fun
- How to navigate the university system and take advantage of services
- Getting to know professors, administrators and staff
- Becoming realistically confident of your academic skills
- Discovering the confidence, motivation and skills to do your best